Here is the ranking of the best products for the Microphone Arm category :
Elgato Wave Mic Arm LP - Premium Low Profile Microphone Arm with Cable Management Channels: this is the best product, scored an average review of 4,7 with 252 reviews
Neewer Microphone Arm Stand: This is the cheapest product, the average review is 4,1 with 19717 reviews
Microphone Arm Stand: This is the best value for money, with an average user review of 4,4 with 2862 reviews
Elgato Wave Mic Arm LP - Premium Low Profile Micro...
Buy on Amazon
Elgato Wave Mic Arm LP - Premium Low Profile Microphone Arm with Cable Management Channels, Desk Clamp, Versatile Mounting and Fully Adjustable, perfect for Podcast, Streaming, Gaming, Home Office Mic Arm Low Profile
- Premium Design: all-metal, anti-torsion construction.
- Low Profile: sits below the shoulder line for an unobstructed view.
- Cable Channels: magnetic covers hide cables and provide easy access.
- Fully Adjustable: 360-degree horizontal and 90-degree upper vertical rotation.
- Long Reach: 740 mm / 29.1 in horizontal reach covers large desks.
Great addition for an under-monitor setup!
I was looking for a low profile mic arm that could sit under my raised monitors when not in use. Nothing else on the market offered this to me; everything was big, loud, and required lots of space above and around to work effectively. This Elgato mic arm is perfect for my use case. When not in use, it sits - rather inconspicuously - under my monitors, without taking ownership of the desk space thereof; I have room for a Nest Hub, my smartwatch stand, and my Qi charger to sit under it, and I can still extend it out for use without any issues. Some of you may be concerned about the price point; is it really worth ~£90? The short answer: yes. The long answer? Most of the mic arms you'll see below this price point are made of skinny tubes of thin, cheap metal, with stiff, cheap springs, and wrapped in thin, cheap plastics. Even "big brand" names will charge MORE than this for the same cheap tat. These options will break, even with the most careful movement, unless you put them in one position and never move them at all. On top of that, every other mic arm will loom over you like a tower. Nothing about the Elgato mic arm feels cheap. It's made from thicker metal in all the right places. Even the covers for the cable trench are metal. Where plastic is used, it's thick, sturdy, and coloured to match the metal; you wouldn't know it was plastic at a glance. The mic arm movement is smooth, yet I never feel like the slightest knock will shunt it out of place (which cannot be said for the cheap build options). Most importantly, it's understated; this arm makes decent mics pop out, and not-so-decent mics look significantly better than they otherwise would. All in all, this is one of the best purchases I have made in recent years. If you're considering this, the only issue you should have is whether you're happy to meet the investment of the high price point. My only guidance here would be: you spend it now, on this mic arm, all in one go, and can have confidence it'll last a lifetime... or you spend more over a longer period on an endless cycle of replacing the cheaply made alternatives with more cheaply made alternatives.
Would have been perfect
My only complaint is that they have designed it so that you need a specific Allen key to tighten it. It does need tightening quite often if you move the arm around often. They could have designed it so that there was some sort of handle attached to tighten it and done away with the need for the Allen key. I’m a minimalist so don’t like the idea of having to store lots of little bits for various things I have around the house. I also tend to lose things and a tiny Allen key is extremely easy to lose.
It's pricey but the old adage is true in this case
Pros: Comes assembled Feels high quality, thick metal to the touch Cable management with magnetic covers is a great touch Easy to install No sag in 2 weeks with a relatively heavy microphone (Razer Seiren Elite) Cons: Just the price, Elgato have decided on a unfavourable sterling exchange rate compared to buying their items in the US. Overall super happy with the purchase, feels like it will last a long time and looks great.
Buy on Amazon
Neewer Microphone Arm Stand, Suspension Boom Sciss...
Buy on Amazon
Neewer Microphone Arm Stand, Suspension Boom Scissor Mic Arm Stand with 3/8” to 5/8” Screw and Cable Ties Compatible with Blue Yeti, Snowball, Yeti X, Quadcast and Other Mics, Max Load 1.5kg
- 【Adjustable Microphone Boom Arm】 Conveniently adjust the angle and height of this mic boom arm to suit your vocal recording need—just loosen the adjustment knob and adjust the boom arm. It’s also easy to fold up and carry. Perfect for stage/studio recording, broadcasting, TV stations, and more
- 【Stable Arm Support】 With the strong springs and metal positioning screws, the boom arm is compact yet stable enough to support a load of up to 3.3lb/1.5kg. And the springs don’t get in the way of tightening the adjustment knob
- 【Desk Mounting Clamp】 The desk clamp has rubber padding to protect the desk surface from scratches and scuffs. Compatible with desks with a desktop thickness of up to 2”/5.3cm
- 【3/8” to 5/8” Screw Adapter & Mic Clip】 The 3/8” to 5/8” adapter allows you to mount a compatible microphone (like Blue Yeti or Blue Snowball) on the boom arm. It’s not compatible with Blue Yeti Nano which has a 1/4” thread mount. The microphone clip mounts a microphone with a shaft diameter of 1.26”/3.2cm to the boom arm
- 【Cable Straps & Solid Base】 The five cable straps help organize your microphone cable and make the boom arm look neat. The base connector is solid for durable and reliable holding
It holds the weight of my Blue Snowball (a pretty damn heavy Mic) Microphone perfectly
Got this Mic Arm for around £7.60, and honest it's a bargin. It holds the weight of my Blue Snowball (a pretty damn heavy Mic) Microphone perfectly, and also comes with the adapter to attach it. The only problem I had with the Mic Arm is that the paint near the grip that attaches to the cable was slightly scuffed, however this wasn't too bad as it is mostly concealed by my Monitors. Definitely recommend for the price.
Worked fine, until i decided to accidentally break it.
This mic stand worked perfectly for me, until i decided to lean on it and snapped the clamp (whoops) but this was a personal fault, not the mic stands fault so i took one for the team and ordered another.
Neewer strikes again. Good quality mic boom arm at a very low price. No complaints from me or my wallet
Well, I was a little wary buying a mic boom arm at this price point, but my fears were unfounded. What you get is a decent enough piece of kit that does the job. It's certainly strong enough to hold my Marantz MPM1000 mic and shockmount without any sign of droop. Not sure what weight mic those complaining about it being floppy are using, but I've not experienced that. The tightening knobs are well placed and hold the boom in position as you would expect. All in all, not bad for under a tenner!
Buy on Amazon
Microphone Arm Stand, Renfox Adjustable Suspension...
Best Value for Money
Buy on Amazon
Microphone Arm Stand, Renfox Adjustable Suspension Boom Scissor Mic Stand with Pop Filter, 3/8" to 5/8" Adapter, Mic Clip, Upgraded Heavy Duty Clamp for Blue Yeti Nano Snowball Ice and Other Mics
- ♬【Professional Recording Studio Equipment】You can get: 1 * Microphone Arm Stand, 1 * Mic Clip, 1 * Phone holder, 1 * Table Mounting Clamp, 1 * 3/8'' to 5/8'' screw adapter, 1 * Microphone Shock Mount, 1 * Cable ties, 1 * Pop filter, 1 * Microphone cap.The microphone stand Compatible various mic.
- ♬【 High Quality Heavy Duty Design】The microphone stand made out of high quality steel frame with super-strong springs and ABS plastic clip shock mount,it is sturdy and durable.The heavy duty steel tripod legs are designed to spread the bearing weight of the stand,so it can be used at different heights and weights with equal weight distribution and enhance balance,making your mic stand have a more better load-bearing capacity.Max Load: 4.4 pound/2 kg.
- ♬【Compatibility and Applicability】Each package comes with a professional 3/8'' to 5/8'' silver screw adapter,which is line with industry standards,so our mic arm also can compatible with the Blue Yeti,Snowball or other microphone.Tips:If screw adapter is a little smaller than Blue Yeti,you can use Thread Tape to wrap around the screw adapter on your shock mount,increasing the thickness of the mounting screw effectively and still maintaining the actual screw thread to connect with the mic.
- ♬【Stability and Safety】Dual suspension springs on each boom arm made of heavy duty steel tripod design,equip one shock mount can prevent your microphone from shaking,dropping or produce noise.Come with one table mounting clamp and an adjustable positioning screw,clip it on desktop thickness within 2.15''/5.5cm easily and firmly fixed it (Added with soft mat or rubber washer it can avoid damaging your furniture).
- ♬【Heavy Duty Design Foldable and Adjustable】The adjustable boom arm is made of better material and stronger spring. Designed for heavy duty carry. The max load can up to 2 kg after adjusting the spring hole. The adjustable arms can be fold up and easy for you to carry around. It allows you to adjust the suitable angle and height to show your perfect voice.
Does exactly what it says on the tin
I wasn't sure what to make of a product that promises so much, at such a discounted price. Allow me to put your fears to rest, this product really is worth every penny of your hard earned pocket money. I was after an arm to hold a new mic I had purchased, and this arm gives all it promises. The set up is easy (and I have an awkward dimension of desk), the mic accessories were easy to fit and make such a difference to giving that 'podcast' premium sound by reducing sibilant pop and desk shake. The cherry on top though really is the phone holder, it has taken my humble streaming pass time to a whole new level as now I can set up m phone to capture professional looking video. Worth every penny!
Easy Install, Shock mount not for Yeti's
Purchased alongside the Yeti so that I could have a mic far away from my face but with better quality than my usual setups. The bronze coloured screw thread that comes with it is the adaptor so the Yeti mics can attach to the end of the arm, So far this is what I have found: + Easy to install + Easy to adjust + Fits the Yeti mic + Pop shield easy to adjust/install + Phone grip / arm easy to use and feels secure while holding my S7 Edge + Both the pop and phone arms can be installed anywhere including not on the arm which is a bonus - Shock mount does not fit a Yeti (Only regular sized mics, the Yeti is too big to fit in it without a further adaptor or something to allow it to fit smaller Mic's) - The grip on the bottom where it attaches to the table I would prefer for that to be 0.5 to 1cm wider/deeper so it feels more secure on desks with rounded edges like mine (if you have square edges you'll be fine) - Minor defects in the base where the metal was casted, not as smooth as the rest of the metal but purely a visual defect
Very happy with my new arm
I have never owned a microphone arm stand and after opening my Blue Yeti mic for 8 months I decided to try one out. It's really easy to set up, first attach the clamp to the desk (I actually put a bit of cardboard on one side so the clamp didn't damage the desk as I was unsure if it will or not). The rest of the arm then slots in and use the wing but to tighten it together. The arm is nice and stiff but easy to move as needed which is just what I wanted. The phone/tablet holder is easy to attach and take off as needed. It's also adjustable in all directions. If you have the Blue yeti then screw the copper screw part into the end of the arm mount and then into the bottom of the microphone. Very quick and easy. If you are using most other mics then the shock mount connects to the arm mount instead. The mount is really sturdy and easy to adjust and tighten. Overall I am very happy with this and the fact it comes with a shock mount and a pop filter (which alone would be half the price of this whole mount) I would say it is definitely worth it for first time buyers
Buy on Amazon