Here is the ranking of the best products for the Jigsaw Tray category :
Jumbo: it is the most purchased, earned an average review of 4,7 with 1294 reviews
Ravensburger Puzzle Accessory Sorting Trays - Suitable For Jigsaws Up to 1000 Pieces: silver medal for this product, the average review is from 4,7 with 8658 reviews
Becko Stackable Puzzle Sorting Trays Jigsaw Puzzle Sorters with Lid Puzzle Accessory for Puzzles Up to 1500 Pieces: third position for this product, with a average review from users 4,7 with 1451 reviews
Jumbo, Puzzle Mates, Sorting Tray, Jigsaw Puzzle A...
SaleBestseller No. 1
Buy on Amazon
Jumbo, Puzzle Mates, Sorting Tray, Jigsaw Puzzle Accessories
- The perfect jigsaw puzzle accessory for sorting your favourite puzzles
- Includes 6 Sorting trays
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Each tray measures 20 x 20cm
- Suitable for sorting most standard size puzzles
May not hold enough pieces.
1) There is a dislike in the reviews and I can see his point. His complaint was that the trays did not fit each other. Although the plastic is quite thick each tray is not necessarily a straight square. Some of the sides may be slightly bowed during manufacture. That means when you try to snap them together the edges may not line one. When you try to fit them or take them apart the tray may jerk and spoil the layout of the pieces within it. I would suggest that when you take them out of the box, which in itself is quite thick, you number each tray on one side only, before separating them. In that way, the trays will fit back together in the same way that they arrived. 2) Each tray will hold approx 64 pieces depending on how much you want to squash them together. A 1004 piece jigsaw has 124 side pieces so that leaves 880 to fit in 6 trays, a shortfall of 880-384= 416 without a tray. If you really need to get each piece off the board then you will need 2 sets for a 1000 piece jigsaw. and at least 3 for a 1500 one. Having said that, using the trays does make life easier and leaves space on the board for the remaining pieces. Yes, you could use Tupperware but they would be nowhere near as useful as these so on balance, I recommend them. Just don't assume that they will take all your pieces.
Good quality but need 2 sets for 1,000
These are good quality, sturdy and stackable. However, these do not comfortably hold 1,000 pieces. I bought two sets (both in photos) and think you’ll need at least 2 sets to sort 1,000 pieces. With 2 sets some trays still get very full even with the other trays full, so if you do not like pieces laying on top of each other then you’ll possibly even need a third set.
Excellent product. Bought this after reading reviews and it was everything previous 5 star reviewers said it would be. Just completed a 1000 piece jigsaw and the trays were an excellent assist during the process. Sturdy product well made. Highly recommended.
Buy on Amazon
Ravensburger Puzzle Accessory Sorting Trays - Suit...
Bestseller No. 2
Buy on Amazon
Ravensburger Puzzle Accessory Sorting Trays - Suitable For Jigsaws Up to 1000 Pieces
- The Sort & Go Puzzle Sorting Trays are 6 stackable trays used for sorting and storing your jigsaw pieces. They are big enough to hold all the pieces from a 1000 piece puzzle
- The high quality puzzle piece shaped trays can be linked or stacked, whichever you prefer. Each tray measures approximately 19 x 19 x 2cm.
- These trays will last for years – so forget about using margarine tubs or the boxbase for storing your puzzle pieces - try these instead!
- Bestselling puzzle brand worldwide - With over 1 billion puzzles sold, our jigsaw puzzles make ideal gifts for women, great gifts for men
- Positively Puzzling - From fun family times together to long term health benefits and day-to-day mindful moments, there are so many positives about the humble Jigsaw! They make a great birthday gift or smashing Christmas gift
Invaluable for puzzlers
These stacking trays are miles better than the soup bowls I was previously using. They have a large surface area so that you can see the faces of many puzzle pieces at once. They stack solidly together. They can be stored safely along with any sorted puzzle peices in the provided box. As each tray is shaped as a puzzle piece they are easy to extract from the box as there is space to get your fingers in. For large puzzles, you are probably going to need a second set of trays. I used this on a 1000 piece puzzle and I probably could have done with another couple of trays.
Ideal for small working area
I bought these stackable trays not for puzzles but for my little trays for diamond painting gems. I number the trays so it’s easy to keep them neat and tidy. Useful for small workspace.
Does the job for sorting!!!
These trays are great they are sturdy and sort 1000 pieces puzzles perfectly, however I purchased another for 2000 pieces for either breaking down the colours further or overflow. They do not stack well when they are too full. I think the price is good especially my second purchase at a discounted time. If you do larger jigsaws though that are very detailed, Maybe try to find either larger surface area trays or deeper trays. These are perfect for me, because I also own a large Portapuzzle board and use the flat mats in side for further sorting and laying out all my pieces as I’m doing the puzzle.
Buy on Amazon
Becko Stackable Puzzle Sorting Trays Jigsaw Puzzle...
Bestseller No. 3
Buy on Amazon
Becko Stackable Puzzle Sorting Trays Jigsaw Puzzle Sorters with Lid Puzzle Accessory for Puzzles Up to 1500 Pieces, 8 Hexagonal Trays (Blue&White)
- Premium Material – Becko puzzle sorting trays are constructed by premium ABS, sturdy and durable. Comes with 8 trays in white and blue, better for sorting puzzles of different colors. It is an indispensable piece of equipment for puzzle enthusiasts.
- Perfect Size For Easy Sorting – Each tray measures 9.4 x 8.2 x 0.7 in. Just spread out the puzzle pieces by color, pattern or shape and place them the trays respectively, the game will be much easier.
- Bonus Lid – Enclosed with a transparent lid that serves as a good helping hand to protect jigsaw puzzles against your naughty pets and dust. No worrying of knock everything over.
- Stackable Design – The cute hexagonal trays can be stacked up easily for compact organization. Place the lid on the topmost tray and put them into the colored box for space-saving storage and transportation for puzzle pieces.
- Package Content – White sorting tray x 4, blue sorting tray x 4, transparent lid x 1.
I thought these were a bit expensive but they have proved to be really useful for all those lockdown jigsaw puzzles. Before these we were struggling for room on the table with lots of little piles of sorted pieces everywhere, getting in the way of the bits we were fitting together. These stack so we can set some pieces aside (sky, edges etc) whilst working with others, and there is a lid which stops my cat from chewing the pieces when I'm not looking! Great for rummaging through when looking for a certain piece, too.
Compact and light to hold.
I purchased these sorting trays to supplement the 4 sorting trays on my Jigsort carry case. They are light, sturdy, stackable and most importantly, have a clear lid. When in use they take up very little room on the table. I'm using the trays at the moment and can get approx. 42-48 pieces per tray (336-384 pieces in 8 trays + another 42-48 pieces if you utilise the lid. If you have a 1000 piece jigsaw you will need 2 sets. It would be great if the manufacturer made them 1/2 as big again or in a square/rectangular shape. All in all I'm very happy with the trays and they're a good price. I shall buy another set at some point.
These are very convenient.
I had a set of cardboard sorting boxes but they were bulky and deep, these are lighter and far more shallow so easier to see into and get pieces out of. The cardboard ones went to the charity shop, these are staying with me. I may get a yellow set too as I often have two large jigsaws on the go.
Buy on Amazon