Here is the ranking of the best products for the Iron Cast Pot category :
Villeroy & Boch Vivo Group CW0463 Casserole Pot: it is the most purchased, earned an average review of 4,7 with 3066 reviews
MasterClass Cast Aluminium Induction-Safe Non-Stick Casserole Dish with Lid: silver medal for this product, the average review is from 4,8 with 1110 reviews
VonShef Cast Iron Casserole Dish - Black Pre-Seasoned Non Stick Ovenproof 4: third position for this product, with a average review from users 4,1 with 522 reviews
Villeroy & Boch Vivo Group CW0463 Casserole Pot, 4...
Bestseller No. 1
Buy on Amazon
Villeroy & Boch Vivo Group CW0463 Casserole Pot, 4.2 Litres, 24 cm, Black, Cast Iron, Single
- Perfect for making delicious meals, the vivo by Villeroy & Bosch Casserole Pot is the ideal addition to any kitchen pan collection.
- With a generous 4.2 L capacity, the pot is great for high temperature searing or for slow cooking dishes like stews and casseroles.
- Suitable for all hob types including induction, the pot measures a compact 24 cm which will fit comfortably into most kitchen ovens.
- The pot includes a self-basting pan lid with a stylish stainless steel knob, great for moist cooking and creating succulent juicy food.
- Designed with a smooth bottom to avoid damaging your worktops, it features a black matte design fitting beautifully into most kitchens.
Makes perfect artisan sourdough bread
Bought this specifically to use as a Dutch oven to make sourdough bread. It didn’t disappoint and produced my best bread yet with two milk and honey sourdough loaves . Delighted with the product and would highly recommend
Perfect cast iron casserole
Value for money. I bought it to use as dutch oven for sourdough bread. I was looking for something cheap but good quality. I hit the point! This is exactly what i needed.
Great cocotte for the price
This cocotte (or dutch oven) is proper cast iron and seems well made. It's nicely smooth enamelled underneath not to damage your glass hobs. Handles are a bit small but overall they do the job. The manual says its enamelled, but it's not the same glassy enamel you find on Le Creuset or on the outside of Staub cocottes. I still prefer my Le Creuset Signature but this was 15% of the price. Its a bit thinner than Le Creuset and Staub. But there are times where you don't want to damage the nice enamel of Le Creuset, so this one comes handy. I used it to bake bread and not afraid to preheat it empty in the oven to 230C. It's still very well made and at £25 it was a great deal. So much so we bought 3 to give to family. EDIT: on 2nd use at 230C baking bread (without the top handle of course) just beneath the rim the enamel chipped off (about 2mm oval shape). I didn't use any sharp objects. Chipped entirely on its own. Given low price is still a good deal but quality is not up there with Staub/Le Creusets of the world.
Just what I wanted
Excellent baking tool. I made one delicious Red Onion Panettone! It is heavy, easy to use and clean. Very pleased with it.
Buy on Amazon
MasterClass Cast Aluminium Induction-Safe Non-Stic...
SaleBestseller No. 2
Buy on Amazon
MasterClass Cast Aluminium Induction-Safe Non-Stick Casserole Dish with Lid, Black, 5 Litre, 28 cm
- This casserole is made of cast aluminium, which conducts heat quickly for fast, even cooking. It will revolutionise the way you cook!
- Its stainless steel base makes it safe for any heat source, including induction, and it's also oven safe to 200°C (392°F)
- Features 2 layers of anti-scratch non-stick. It offers excellent abrasion resistance
- Comes with a self-basting lid, which helps keep moisture in the pan for rich stews and extra-moist slow-cooked meats
- Before cooking, ensure your pan is clean with no scratches that can cause food to stick & burn. Use water, oil or butter to grease the pan & create a barrier to increase longevity of non-stick coating
Very very good pot, I'm very happy thanks
Bought this for bread-making, but was concerned that I would find it too heavy (like most cast-iron pots). WOW ...when they said lightweight, it's true! Perfect for bread-making, soup, stews etc etc etc. Lovely to use on hob and then transfer to oven, and so easy to clean. Delighted! Would definitely recommend.
Can’t recommend it enough!!
We bought this to replace a cast iron pot that we’d used for years. However, where that needed soaking overnight and scrubbing, this just needs a quick wipe and it’s clean. We’ve used it for bolognese, curry, pot roast etc, and it never needs more than a single wipe down. Absolutely blown away, as it doesn’t stain with strong colours, and is so much lighter than a conventional pot.
Buy on Amazon
VonShef Cast Iron Casserole Dish - Black Pre-Seaso...
Bestseller No. 3
Buy on Amazon
VonShef Cast Iron Casserole Dish - Black Pre-Seasoned Non Stick Ovenproof 4.7L Capacity Pot with Domed Lid - Suitable for all Heat Types - Oven Safe Cooking up to 220°C for Stews & Casseroles - 25cm
- MULTI PURPOSE – Perfect for all your cooking and baking needs. The dutch oven is ideal for roasts, stews, casseroles and other dishes.
- VERSATILE - Suitable for all types of heat sources, including gas, electric, ceramic/halogen, induction hobs. The casserole dish is also oven safe so you can cook everything in one pot, with less fuss and less mess.
- SELF-BASTING – The self basting domed lid preserves moisture during cooking. The dimpled lid helps to retain moisture for extra flavoursome results.
- PRE-SEASONED - A flat bottom for cook top heat sources and pre-seasoned non-stick finish.
- NATURALLY NON-STICK - We recommend re-seasoning to maintain the coating and to preserve the flavours in your cooking. Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
I made a casserole in it yesterday and it was ...
I made a casserole in it yesterday and it was delicious. Superb quality. For all the people who think it's rust on it, it's not. You should read about cast iron dishes. I think someone said it's too heavy, again, it's made out of cast iron, not balsa wood.
A Good Large Casserole Pot
Really pleased with this. Washes lovely and cooks great. Need extra thick or doubled up oven gloves with cast iron if in oven a long time. It is heavy, but thats cast iron. I prefer to cook with cast irom, much prefer non porcelain coated like this. I seasoned this before use. After each use I wash and dry, then rub a really tiny amount of olive oil into it and leave it in oven to air dry....whilst oven cools down after cooking when switched off. As its cast iron it oxidises if left damp, i dont leave it damp hence no rust/oxidation. Vegetarians and vegans using cast iron benefit as iron trace can be absorbed into the food. I find it to be none stick, easy clean. Overall very pleased. It is very roomy/large capacity.
but obviously THIS is far better affordability. This casserole pot is actually FANTASTIC
My mom bought this for me for my birthday, I was after the funky Le Cresuet pot, but obviously THIS is far better affordability. This casserole pot is actually FANTASTIC. I have now made most of my oven meals in it, and it is a winner winner chicken dinner. Tops for price, tops for looks, tops cleaning it after, Awesome!
Buy on Amazon