Here is the ranking of the best products for the Iron Cast Pan category :
Lodge L8SK3 26: it is the most purchased, earned an average review of 4,6 with 44942 reviews
Velaze Pre-Seasoned Skillet Pan: silver medal for this product, the average review is from 4,1 with 10 reviews
YIJIA Grill Pan Cast Griddle Iron Non-Stick Steak Frying Pans Cookware Skillet 9 inch Suitable for Various Oven: third position for this product, with a average review from users 3,6 with 31 reviews
Lodge L8SK3 26.04 cm / 10.25 inch Cast Iron Round ...
SaleBestseller No. 1
Buy on Amazon
Lodge L8SK3 26.04 cm / 10.25 inch Cast Iron Round Skillet/Frying Pan
- 26.04 cm/10.25 inch inch skillet/frying pan - ideal size for frying meat and sautéing vegetables
- Features an assist handle so that the skillet/frying pan can be easily lifted and maneuvered
- Two subtle side lips enable simple and mess-free pouring
- Pre-seasoned at Lodge's foundry for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled distribution and retention of heat ensures rapid and efficient cooking
Fantastic pan but a few points need to be noted
Like most people I've gone through my fair share of non stick pans and skillets in the past and really wanted a long term option that was going to improve the taste of food and the way it was cooked. I wasn't too concerned about cost due to spending a lot of money on pans in the past, then having to replace them after a while, which is really a false economy. Lodge, a US brand, have a great name for quality and you can literally use them on anything from camp fire to barbecue to stove. I've had mine for about 6 months now, enough time for a decent review and have to say it's been excellent and somehow it seems to make the food taste better (could just be in my head !) A couple of points to be aware of though, the pan is heavy! I'm 6 foot 2, average build and it can get difficult to manoeuvre when dishing out of it. Not a major problem as you can bring your plate to it instead but that might not work for you all the time. My wife who is 5 foot 3 and quite petit, cannot realistically dish up with this pan. Another point is, make sure you keep this pan well seasoned. Using oil to cook with it all the time kind of defeats the point, when it is seasoned well you need very little oil, if any to cook even the trickiest of foods, like fried eggs. Seasoning the pan is straight forward enough, a little olive oil on kitchen towel, rub all over the inside and outside of the pan, then put in the oven on 200c for an hour. Job done. If you don't do this, food will stick or you will have to use a lot of oil. Both of these reasons means you won't get the most out of the pan and defeats the object of having it in the first place. Lastly, it gets hot, really hot. I currently have the recommended silicone handle on it (see Silicone Handle review) and this is okay but definitely doesn't allow you to pick the pan up without an oven glove after half an hour of using it, which again isn't a problem but there could be a better solution. I have recently looked into the leather 'Lodge' handle cover which is supposed to be absolutely brilliant for the heat distribution but also about £20. That would however be worth it for a life time of oven gloveless pan use, with no burnt hands ! I'll review this when I get it. I have concentrated on the more negative points but only because these are the niggles that stop it from being the best utensil in your kitchen, ever! However, from a positive perspective I will say that it's the best pan/skillet I have ever owned. The heat distribution gives you the consistency and control you realise you need to get the food cooked thoroughly and as said above, it just seems to make everything taste that much better. Especially when cooking Steak, the quality immediately becomes evident, being able to get from rare to well done with accurate consistency, making the pan well worth the money alone for that reason in my eyes.
A must have for searing perfect steaks
Over the years I have wasted money on so many non-sticks. Now I have gone back to using these and I was astounded how my steaks were coming out as perfectly as if my mum had made them. Of course! This is what she used when I was growing up in Canada. It's not just the hand that makes them it's the tools that you use! If you season the pan correctly it will become non-stick and you can use it for cooking the most delicious omelettes. (google 'season cast iron pans' for more info). Perfect for giving steaks and veggies. It gives a luscious brown sear sear. it. I've also tried searing a roast beef before roasting it in the oven and it gave it a beautiful colour and taste. It is solid, flat and does not wobble which is important if you have a glass topped stove. I am very pleased with the quality. As with all cast iron cookware you do need to look after it: don't let it soak in water. After you wash it dry it straight away and put it back over the flame/ring to cook out all the excess moisture from the griddle. Let it cool add a bit of oil before you store it. Over time -as is the case for all cast iron pans- it may develop a rusty spot on it. In that case you will need to scrape off the rust (I use a dry stainless steel scouring pad) then 'season' your pan. This means that you should warm up your pan and saturate it with oil, melted bacon fat or lard in order to prevent the pan from corroding.
The best cast iron skillet.
Fantastic piece of kitchen equipment. Being made in the USA, quality is spot on at a very reasonable price. I The size is perfect. (Not too big to fit inside the oven). I use it for a range of dishes but found that curry and Mexican dishes really stand out. You can really get a serious amount of heat into the pan yet it is capable of gently simmering on the stove top or baking in the oven. Easy to maintain, and should last forever. I wouldn't cook without it ! Top marks .
Buy on Amazon
Velaze Pre-Seasoned Skillet Pan, 11.8" Iron Cast F...
Bestseller No. 2
Buy on Amazon
Velaze Pre-Seasoned Skillet Pan, 11.8" Iron Cast Frying Pan, Heavy-Duty Construction for Superior Heat Retention & Even Cooking, Indoor and Outdoor Use - Grill, Stovetop, Induction Safe
- 11.8" PRE-SEASONED CAST IRON SKILLET PAN - Cast iron has superior heat retention, Cooking with Cast Iron Skillets proves to beneficial to you. It has a 11.8 in. diameter and is 2.4 in. deep. The ergonomic design allows it to be taken from the campfire or stovetop to the table, making it essential for every kitchen.
- READY-TO-USE SEASONING - 100% non-GMO flaxseed oil seasoned coating. Does not contain PTFE and foes that can be harmful to your health. Flaxseed oil it's a vegetable oil, Perfect natural easy-release seasoning that gets even better with time. The more you use your cast iron frying pan, the better the seasoning becomes.
- SEASONING TIPS - Before cooking, rub some olive oil over your cookware’s surface. After washing, rub some oil over your cookware’s surface and place it in an oven at low temperature for the oil to seep in. Cool the skillet completely before washing it in hot soapy water with a sponge using a regular dish washing liquid soap; season it with a thick coating of vegetable fat or oil.
- VERSATILE FOR USE - This small cast iron pan can be used to sear, sauté, bake, braise, broil, fry; Can be used on a variety of heat sources, electric stove, gas, glass, induction, oven, grill, campfire. Multi-use, you can make an individual frittata, peanut butter cookie, carrot cake, pie, cheese biscuits and more, Skillets used
- FULL GUARANTEE - As all Velaze products, this piece is 100% guaranteed for full satisfaction. If you receive this product with any damage or if it malfunctions in any way, we will take full responsibility. As any scratch, dent or discoloration is not to be expected when receiving the product, we at Velaze will deal with the issue efficiently.
I have had it very recently and I have used it 5 times, I think. I was able to cook meats, toast bread, eggs and arepas. All this without problems. I must say that whoever buys this type of material must do regular maintenance to preserve it. I avoid detergents. I clean it hot with vinegar and only clean with water. I dry it right away and then put oil all over it.
The best frying pan
Unbelievable great quality frying pan. I have changed so many pans in my life as i use them daily and most of them burn food and look terrible after couple uses. This frying pan is excellent. I was using it every day several times a day for different food preparations and after 2 weeks of use it looks like new. Unbelievable! It is non stick and do not burn my food. It heats up perfectly. Very easy to clean.
great grill marks!
I have used the Grill Pan a few times so far, on gas burners (conventional kitchen hobs but also Korean-style gas burners). The heat distribution is good, the results both for meat and vegetables are convincing, the surface is particularly non-sticky, provided the temperature is high enough. Great for fattier meat (port belly or lamb). Leave fantastic grill marks both on meat and vegs. The handles make it very versatile, it is easily put in place and removed, a good complement to regular "traffic" on the hob. Reasonably easy to clean.
Buy on Amazon
YIJIA Grill Pan Cast Griddle Iron Non-Stick Steak ...
Bestseller No. 3
Buy on Amazon
YIJIA Grill Pan Cast Griddle Iron Non-Stick Steak Frying Pans Cookware Skillet 9 inch Suitable for Various Oven
- 【Advanced material】The main material of the skillet pan is cast iron, which has a slow transfer speed, uniform heat transfer, strong and durable, and is very suitable for cooking steaks. It completely eliminates the harm of chemical coatings and aluminum products to the human body without destroying the nutrients of food.
- 【Special Design】This frying pan has a moderate weight, with an ergonomic handle design, making cooking and cooking a pleasure,the cookware is square and has a flat bottom. It can be used in various stoves,include induction It is non-toxic and has no odor and is very safe to use.
- 【Corrugated Striped Design】In the process of use, the moisture of the ingredients can quickly flow away and evaporate, and the meat will not be suddenly heated and curled, and excess fat can also be drained. The ingredients will not be soaked in the meat juice, and finally can be crispy on the outside and soft and tender inside.
- 【Easy to Clean】This non-stick grill is different from other non stick kitchen utensils on the market. The pan body is smooth and easy to clean. It can be cleaned by rinsing with clean water, or even by wiping with a damp cloth.
- 【Multifunctional】The 23 cm steak pan is easy to carry and suitable for outdoor picnics. One frying pan is versatile and can be used to cook a variety of delicious dishes, such as paella, bacon, steak, bbq, pork chops and breakfast. One pan is versatile and can be used as a griddle pan, frying pan and grill.
Nice non-stick pan
Bought this new wok pan to replace my old one. This is a very good wok pan that is non- stick, so I don’t get food stick on The pan, and is easy to clean after cook, and the size is just suitable for my family. I would recommend this wok pan for people to buy. Lovely wok pan I love it
Buy on Amazon