Here is the ranking of the best products for the Gaming Keyboard Mechanical category :
Mechanical Keyboard: it is the most purchased, earned an average review of 4,5 with 10 reviews
Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: silver medal for this product, the average review is from 4,5 with 10 reviews
Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard: third position for this product, with a average review from users 4,4 with 13135 reviews
Mechanical Keyboard, PICTEK Gaming Keyboard Mechan...
SaleBestseller No. 1
Buy on Amazon
Mechanical Keyboard, PICTEK Gaming Keyboard Mechanical Blue Switch, Adjustable Rainbow Backlight, Standard UK Layout Wired Keyboard with Full Anti-ghosting Keys for Gaming, Programming
- True Mechanical Structure The gaming keyboard is built with classic blue switches, featuring 4.0±0.2mm keystroke distance and 60±15g actuation force. PICTEK PC305 mechanical keyboard offers you professional using experience.
- Equipped with Everything The full size mechanical keyboard is designed with standard UK layout. Full anti-ghosting keys can respond accurately when you press multiple keys at the same time. With all functions you need, never compromise.
- Immersive Rainbow Lighting With 9 lighting modes, you can choose the lighting effects according to your preference. The lighting brightness and speed can be adjusted with FN+navigation keys.
- Comfortable Ergonomic Design With the foldable standards on the back, the gaming keyboard can offer you a 6 degree typing angle for most comfortable using experience. It can effectively reduce tiredness.
- Durable for Longer Use With drain holes on the back, water splashing on the keyboard can drain quickly to prevent damage to the interior structure. Double-shot detachable keycaps are effortless to clean and the characters stick to the keycaps firmly.
Precise, positive action
I bought this keyboard for typing long documents. As a trained touch typist from the prehistoric days BC (Before Computers) I appreciate a keyboard with a precise, positive action. I can't abide those spongy rubber membrane types. I trained on a manual keyboard where you really had to thump the keys hard, and get it right first time - max 2% typos allowed, and then you had to fiddle about painting White fluid over the mistakes ... but I digress ... On the strength of the other reviews comparing this keyboard favourably with far more expensive models, I thought it was worth a try, and wasn't disappointed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this keyboard to any touch typist. Frankly, I could do without the colours; a White backlit keyboard would suffice, but it's a minor detail.
No programmable keys
Keyboard is OK, it has no programmable keys, so this to me, makes it Not a gaming keyboard. It's quite noisy to type, especially early in the morning when everyone else is asleep in the house. The colours can be turned off, or the brightness changed. You cannot change the colour for a particular key (just vary its brightness). There are various modes, where for example a key stays light for a few seconds after striking it, these seemed mostly just a gimmick and not much use. Overall though, the keyboard works fine, its just the lack of programmable keys that I find annoying.
Very Good Value
The keyboard immediately struck me as solid and well made. The keys are very clearly marked (with the keyboard lights on - I need them, the room is dark) and they feel good - not loose and rattling like some, they still have the feel and sound that a good mechanical keyboard should have (bit of a clunk from the space bar - but not too intrusive). Despite the keyboard being compact in size, there is enough room for my big fingers when typing, and I find it better for games than some because the keys are close together. If you like that sort of thing, the different light settings for the keyboard are easily changed and will appeal to many. A plain white light for all keys would be handy for the more conservative, but you can't expect any more for this price. The price is its strong point - you really wouldn't expect to get this quality for this price. Well recommended.
Buy on Amazon
Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, PICTEK Blue Switch Mec...
SaleBestseller No. 2
Buy on Amazon
Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, PICTEK Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard Wired with 87 Keys Full Anti-ghosting, Customizable LED Backlit Ideal for Gamer, Typist etc. - US Layout
- 【Professional Mechanical Keys】The classical Blue Switch design to provide a highest tactical feedback and the clearer “Click” sound than normal keys. It will give you deliver accurate, comfortable responsive no matter you’re typing or gaming.
- 【Cool Keyboard Backlight】Amazing gaming keyboard lighting will provide you an immersive gaming experience. And the colours are very diverse, you can choose from up to 27 lighting modes. The brightness and light-changing speed are adjustable. Support to customize and record 3 groups of backlit modes.
- 【Full Keys All-ghosting】Each key is controlled by independent switch, ensures that every key you touch translates into the game, without worrying about any conflicting keys. Let you enjoy high-grade games with fast response. Plug & Play, perfect for gamers, typist,programmer, writer etc.
- 【Comfortable Little Keyboard】This mechanical keyboard is small due its 2-zone design, so there is more spaces on your desk to move mouse or put other devices. Ergonomically designed, the keyboard is very comfortable to use during long typing sessions and gaming.
- 【Top Notch Quality & Service】With keystroke test of 50 million times, the key won't get stuck and the letter on it won't wear off easily. (*Note: the multimedia shortcut key combinations are not available in MAC/ Linux system.)
As good as the top end
Picked up this as a temporary replacement for my corsair mechanical keyboard that cost £120 gave up on me. This is just as good. I no longer see a need to get a high-end keyboard.
Amazing clicky keyboard
This keyboard is amazing, its in par with £100+ mechanical keyboards ive used in the past. No drivers or applications required, plug it in and you're good to go, you control all the effects from the keyboard itself, genius, and it has many cool effects, my favourite is the one where each key click starts a flow of colours explode outwards. The clicky sound is perfect, I am learning to code in python (which Im loving) so I type a lot and love the sound of the keys click away, it makes me feel important, or like Im doing something important, its great for gaming too. It doesnt take up much room on the desk, which is great because I no longer hit my mouse against the keyboard. Overall I give this product a 5 out of 5, for the price you really cant find anything better, actually even if you pay £100 for another keyboard you wont be getting much improvement compared to this. In the video I posted you can hear the clicky effect and see my favourite effect for the keys 🙂
Good TKL mech keyboard on a budget [read for the US layout tricks]
I have only got the keyboard, so can't comment on long term usage but can give feedback based on impression so far. I looked for a Ten Key Less [or TKL] keyboard because full size keyboard means I have to move mouse too far on the right. It was affecting my ergonomics due especially spending so much time in front of computer during the pandemic lockdown! After lot of research on different keyboard types [there are just so many 40%, 60%, 65%, 75%, 80% or TKL etc.] I chose this one based on size, look, review and price. I didn't go any smaller keyboard as this is the smallest size where all keys [except numpad] are still in same place where you expect them to be. I big point to remember that it is a US layout keyboard. This means, some keys will need to used differently. Make sure you choose in your Windows 10 setting as UK keyboard and not as US keyboard. This means, you will simply plug it to computer and do nothing assuming your previous keyboard was a UK keyboard. It works instantly without installing any software. to get this, press these keys [AltGr = Right Alt] # = [|] = AltGr [|] | = AltGr Shift [|] ' = [' "] " = Shift  £ = Shift  € = AltGr  @ = Shift [' "] ` = [`~] ¦ = AltGr [`~] ~ = Shift [|] ¬ = Shift [`~] á é í ó ú = AltGr [letter] Other shortcuts on the keyboard Fn + F5 = launches Explorer Fn + F6 = launches Edge browser Fn + F7 = launches Outlook Fn + F8 = launches Calculator Fn + F10,11,12 = launches volume control [- + mute] Fn + Up/Down arrow = increase/decreases backlight brightness Fn + Left/Right arrow = speed down/up backlight changing Fn + -/+ = make lighting direction left/right Fn + Win = toggle enable/disable Win key Lighting modes Fn + PgDn = toggles backlight on/off Fn + Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End = modes 1 2 3 4 5 1 = right side off 2 = ripple effect out from the key press 3 = cycles thru 3-4 effects, row, ripple etc. 4 = wave effect, random flashing 5 = random letter lighting up To reset, Fn + 1 Now coming to the actual typing part. It has enough key travel. This is important because when you type fast, your fingers hit the keys with high force. So in order to avoid finger fatigue, the keys need to be depressed enough so that impact on your finger is minimal. This is same reason why cars have crumple zones to absorb the impact on accident. This allows fingers to decelerate which is good for fingers. The typing sound is quite loud to my taste but this is a typical mechanical keyboard. If you are typing fast while someone else is doing something besides you s/he may go nuts. But again, this is less to do with specific keyboard but more to do with mechanical keyboard in general. I don't use the different modes of lights, I find it gimmicky. However, when room is dark, during dawn and dusk, it is super useful not to leave seat and switch on the lights. You cannot customize colors which a negative point I would say! There are also some hardwired keys which you can activate using Fn + [Function keys]. You cannot change this which is frustrating. I don't want short cut keys for Outlook or Music! I don't even use dedicated email client! I have not played any games with it, so can't comment on games! Happy typing!
Buy on Amazon
Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard, LIGHTSYNC R...
SaleBestseller No. 3
Buy on Amazon
Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard, LIGHTSYNC RGB Backlit Keys, Spill-Resistant, Customizable Keys, Dedicated Multi-Media Keys, QWERTY UK Layout - Black
- RGB LIGHTSYNC: Personalise five individual lighting zones from a spectrum of over 16.8 million colours on this USB wiredgaming keyboard
- Full-Sized Keyboard: The slim body of this gaming keyboard is designed for gaming and productivity, the durable construction repels liquids, crumbs and dirt for easy clean-up
- High Performance Keys: Bringing together tactile feel and performance, the G213 RGB gaming keyboard has keys with performance profile similar to mechanical switches built for the way gamers play
- Anti-Ghosting Gaming Matrix: With the Logitech G213 PC gaming keyboard, you are in control even when pressing multiple keys simultaneously for optimal gaming performance
- Built-In Media Controls: Control your background track without switching out of your game, thanks to dedicated media controls that can be used to play, pause and mute music and videos instantly
Undocumented way to change RGB colours without Logitech software
If like me you don't want to install extra software to slow your computer down then I have found a way to customise the RGB lighting. This also works if you are using the keyboard with a console (apparently the G213 does not have on-board memory so won't remember your PC settings). Anyway what you need to do is: Hold the colour button then press a number. For example: Colour + 0: Solid colour. Pressing colour + 0 cycles through different colours. Colour + 1: Some wave pattern - not sure which one Colour + 2: Some wave pattern. - not sure which one Colour + 3: Some wave pattern - not sure which one Colour + 4: Breath with one colour Colour + 5: Cycle through all colours Colour + 6-9: Nothing No idea why this is not in the FAQs or any documentation online. Hope this has been helpful and surely this deserves to be the top review so more people learn about this.
A sturdy good quality keyboard
This review is for the: Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard, RGB Backlit, Qwerty UK Layout, Black After taking up gaming at the ripe old age of 56, needing something to fill the time during Lockdown III the Sequel. I decided I needed to update aa lot of my equipment. Already a great fan of Logitech and having used both their mice and keyboard in the past, I decided I would purchase their gaming versions. They say you “Get what you pay for”, I have always found their products to be well built. The Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard is no exception. The design is perfect not only for gaming, but everyday PC uses. A full size keyboard, with the added gaming functionality in addition to the pretty lights – “Yes I know, boys and their toys!” As for the Specs: • Personalise five individual lighting zones from a spectrum of over 16.8 million colours on this RGB keyboard • Full-sized gaming RGB keyboard designed for gaming and productivity; the slim body is built for gamers of all levels with a durable construction that repels liquids, crumbs and dirt for easy clean-up • This gaming keyboard brings together in tactile feel and performance with keys built specifically for the way gamers play • The anti-ghosting gaming matrix on this gaming keyboard is tuned for optimal gaming performance, keeping you in control when you press multiple gaming keys simultaneously The keyboard is a wired keyboard; thus reaction times are excellent in my opinion. Although I normally go for the wireless version, my son advised a wired one for gaming. It should be noted that I purchased this to be both a gaming keyboard as well as for everyday use. Those expert gamers out there will probably prefer a dedicated gaming keyboard. However, if you want a good quality gaming/normal use keyboard, this one ticks all the boxes. Although it must be pointed out this is a personal opinion, and I am extremely new the “wild world” of gaming. To be honest I normally call my son to ask for his advice. Although a little on the expensive side, as previously mentioned to get what you pay for. In this case a quality keyboard, well made from sturdy materials. Accurate and easy to use with additional programmable buttons. In addition, it comes with a 2 year Logitech warranty. I hope you found this review useful (if so please take a second to click that box). I take the time to write reviews to help other potential customers, giving honest unbiased opinions. I pay for all the items I review.
The best keyboard that I have ever had!
Without a doubt, this is the best keyboard that I have ever had. The keystroke is positive and the keys are spaced perfectly. The layout is good with the extra function keys actually being useful. The quality of the build materials is high and it feels very solidly built. The USB Cable is 72 inches in length so should be fine for most people. The LED back lighting is just right too, not too bright and not too dull either. However, this leads to the only negative that I have with the keyboard. The necessary software to control the LED lights is not included in the box! The lights still work without it, but it just cycles through each colour over and over. After finding and installing the software, I can now set the LED's to how I want it. Using the software I can also program the extra function keys to perform certain actions too. Why didn't Logitech put a software CD in the box considering it's importance to getting the best use of this keyboard? Crazy! The keyboard loses a star for the lack of software CD but don't let it put you off. The keyboard itself is excellent and otherwise I am very happy with my purchase and I have no qualms recommending it.
Buy on Amazon