Here is the ranking of the best products for the Fryer Deep category :
Swan 3L Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer with Viewing Window and Safety Cut Out: it is the most purchased, earned an average review of 4,5 with 4128 reviews
Aigostar Deep Fryer 2200W: silver medal for this product, the average review is from 4,4 with 1738 reviews
Russell Hobbs 24570 Deep Fryer: third position for this product, with a average review from users 4,4 with 1837 reviews
Swan 3L Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer with Viewin...
Bestseller No. 1
Buy on Amazon
Swan 3L Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer with Viewing Window and Safety Cut Out, Non-Slip, Easy Clean and Adjustable Temperature Control, 2kW, SD6040N, 2000 W, 3 liters, Silver
- A fully adjustable thermostat with indicator lights to control temperature allows you to cook a whole variety of different foods perfectly, every time. With 7 different temperature functions, it’s easier than ever to cook delicious foods for the whole family.
- With an incredibly generous 3 litre oil capacity allowing for 1kg of food The Swan deep fat fryer is ideal for cooking large portions of all your favourite foods. From deliciously crisp chips and fries, croquettes, onion rings, tempura, fried chicken and battered fish, spring rolls and samosas, to tasty sweet desserts like doughnuts, churros and fruit fritters.
- Safety is paramount when cooking with hot oil, the detachable basket allows you to easily and safely lower and take out your food from the hot oil. Cool-touch handles on the basket and sides of the fryer ensure your skin stays safe from burns. It even features a safety cut out and overheat protection so if things are getting too hot or electrics aren’t working properly, The whole appliance will be switched off straight away.
- Easy clean. With a non-stick coating on the fryer pan, It can be quickly and easily wiped clean with a damp cloth, as can the stainless-steel outside. The basket lifts out so you can easily and thoroughly wash it. Non-slip feet mean it stays stable whilst you fry.
- A great addition to any kitchen. Compact enough to fit on a countertop or be stored away if needed, but big enough to cook The whole family A delicious meal. Great for domestic kitchens, caravans, student accommodation, holiday homes, small cafes and so much more!
I thought I broke mine, but I was using it wrong
After cleaning the product and reassembling it, I noticed it would no longer turn on. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Turns out I didn't slot the heating element into the plastic slot on the back of the device correctly, and a safety feature was stopping it from turning on. If your device wont turn on, double check that it's inserted correctly into the rear of the device. It's the best deep fat fryer I've ever used. While the the production quality seems a little flimsy, it's significantly better than anything else at the £30 price point. If treated with care you'll have no complaints.
Good fryer, instructions are rubbish
My fryer just arrived today and as the instructions were so terrible I thought I would write a review. I have not seen a deep fat fryer since I was about 10 so had no clue what to do with this. 1) there are no instructions on how to fit the handle, the prongs need to go on the inside of the basket, then it's fine, very sturdy 2) first batch of chips were awful, the instructions said to just bang them in in the hottest temp, but they were like burnt bullets! Went on the Internet, next batch were great. Cook at 90 degrees (hard to tell where this is, but got somewhere near) for 10 minutes, then lift the chips out, turn fryer up to 190, once hot put back in for 4 minutes. I know it sounds a bit of a faff, but it was worth it Only marked down a star because of the lack of instructions
Value for money and really easy to use
It must be 20 years since I owned a chip pan and I was very nervous about the idea of hot oil on the worktop. But during lockdown we have missed eating out - the only time we had chips. And we've never found an oven chip we like. I tried this with a pack of frozen thick steak chips and they were fantastic. I've since expanded the menu for frozen mushrooms, onions and scampi and home prepared fish and chicken. There is plenty for 3 but not quite enough chips for 4. The only drawback I have found is that the oil takes a long long time to cool down. I now use it for two days in a row and then disassemble it and strain the oil. The basket and enamel oil container go in the dishwasher. I hand wash the lid and heating element. All very easy to use. I can see it being used outside next to the BBQ in the summer for a constant supply of chips. A useful and inexpensive machine -very good value for money.
Buy on Amazon
Aigostar Deep Fryer 2200W, 3L, 304 Stainless Steel...
SaleBestseller No. 2
Buy on Amazon
Aigostar Deep Fryer 2200W, 3L, 304 Stainless Steel, with Viewing Window, Temperature Control, Removable Oil Basket, Silver - Ushas 30JPN.
- ADJUSTABLE THERMOSTAT - An adjustable temperature control knob ranges from 130℃ to 190℃, is perfect for cooking tasty home-made chips, chickens, onion rings and even tempura, spring rolls, samosas or desserts like doughnuts, etc.
- POWERFUL AND LARGE CAPACITY - 2200W high power for heating up quickly and effectively. Large 3L capacity deep fryer is ideal to cook larger portions of all variety of different foods.
- SAFE COOKING - High grade stainless steel housing with viewing window in lid helps you observe the frying without worrying about oil splashing. Removable non-stick coated oil bowl for easy cleaning. Stainless steel frying basket with detachable cool touch handle ensure your hand away from burns. Over-heat protection is also operated when the oil getting to hot or not working properly, it will cut off the electricity immediately.
- SMART FEATURE - Non-slip feet giving you stability, built-in cable compartment for convenient storage, indicator light lets you know when the appliance is powered up and food ready.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE - If you have any questions about our products, you can always contact us and we will be happy to help.
So Easy to Clean
Our once in a while deep fat treat is now even better thanks to this wonderful machine. Most of the parts can be separated which makes cleaning so much easier than the convention fryer. The bin for the oil is completely separate and can be put in the dishwasher. Makes great chips and deep fried haloumi.
Goodbye and thanks for all the fish
I have been considering retiring my trusty old chip pan for as long as I can remember... Its replacement, this deep fat fryer, is far better in every way and I should have bought one years ago. The Algostar arrived quickly and was easy to unpack, wipe down and put into service. It gets up to temperature very quickly and it makes really great chips! While waiting for delivery I decided to do a bit of research into cooking oils As I expected, olive oil came out top both for its cooking profile and for its health-preserving properties. It also comes out near top on price. Each cooking oil has its own profile of fat-type constituents and I found that rapeseed oil is the alternative with the profile closest to that of olive oil. Often labelled "pure vefetable oil", it's what I have always used antway and it seems well suited to use in the Algostar since, like olive oil, it remains chemically stable at the fryer's top temperature.
Well, I haven't owned a deep fat fryer in years and have bought oven chips, being the healthier option. However, we recently made some homemade chicken kievs which needed a brief deep fry to seal them and we ended up just using a saucepan filled with oil. This prompted us to purchase a proper deep fryer and oh my god, I so wish we'd got one sooner. All those soggy frozen chips and uncrisp scampi are a thing of the past! We used the fryer for the first time last night, taking advice from others about which type of potatoe to use and how best to cook them for that fresh chippy result. Well, we used maris piper, and once they were chipped, boiled them slightly to soften and then left them out on a rack to cool. We cooked them first for a few minutes at 130 degrees until they were turning slightly golden, took them out, whacked the temp up to 190 and then put them back in. The result was perfect and they were so delicious! Then, in went the scampi while we drained the chips on some kitchen towel and they cooked up beautifully. A simple, quick Friday evening meal (with peas and tartare of course) but so yummy we can't wait to use it again. By the way, we used rapeseed oil as we use this for a lot of frying and the chips were golden. Yum, yum, yum!!!!!! This is a great fryer, it doesn't take up too much room on the kitchen surface and looks very sleek and professional. You do have to make sure you fix the handle on in the correct way (it clips INSIDE the basket, not the outside) and it's super easy to clean. We are thrilled for the price. Thank you!
Buy on Amazon
Russell Hobbs 24570 Deep Fryer, 2.5 L, 1800 W, Bla...
Bestseller No. 3
Buy on Amazon
Russell Hobbs 24570 Deep Fryer, 2.5 L, 1800 W, Black
- 2.5L oil capacity & 1kg food capacity
- Large Observation window
- Adjustable thermostat
- Cool touch walls
- Carbon odour filter
The best fryer ever
I was initially put off by the reviews of this fryer as it seems to be generic with various makers marks. I'm glad I gave it a go as the double fried chips are the best I've ever tasted, even sweet potato chips. The timings are a bit out but that's dependent on the potatoes you buy, the only downside I'd say is it uses a lot of wasted oil as the basket only just dips into the surface even on the upper fill line. But perhaps that's why it fries so well?
When I was using this product the spring on the basket broke .it had chips in it .it fell into the hot oil burning my hand . I was so shocked by this I have never had this happen to me I can't use it now due to the basket handle broken and to be quite honest am a little bit frightened by this happening again .I think you should be aware of this it could have been a lot worse I was very lucky
Just buy it! It’s perfect
Perfect fryer at a great price! If you’re undecided about getting it due to some of the negative reviews (like I was), then don’t be. I don’t know what these people are doing with it, but if you use common sense and don’t swing on the handle and remember that the contents reach up to 190c then you’ll be fine. I filled mine right up to the max line and haven’t had any issues with overflowing or bubbling over. The only thing I can think of is that those people had too much water in whatever they were frying and they didn’t dry it out first. The handle that people moan about has an obvious ‘click’ when it’s in position. If you tried to pick the basket up quickly then I could see how it could release it - I deliberately tried to replicate said issue before filling with oil - but as long as you’re just as careful as you would be taking a hot tray or dish out of the oven then again you’ll be fine. Please note it’s not possible to do the following: 1. Use it as a hot tub 2. Swing off the handle Only negative I’ve spotted is I don’t think the temperature dial is 100% accurate. If you’re cooking delicate foods that need precision then just double check the oil with a food thermometer and adjust the dial. Buy it, it’ll change your life!
Buy on Amazon